[OpenBIOS] Aladdin V chipset

Todd Whitesel toddpw at best.com
Tue Feb 29 07:56:44 CET 2000

> I had an interesting set of discussions with vendors at extreme linux last
> week. There's a lot of interest in linuxbios -- from Alpha motherboards
> too (the alpha bios'es all have sucked very badly -- dec never got it
> right).

I don't blame DEC for that. Try supporting hordes of cards with gnarly
BIOS code, all of it x86 assembly. They either wrote their own drivers
and supported a tiny list of cards, or wrote an x86 emulator and prayed.

> If we do this, we're not just for pentiums any more. That would be
> wonderful! Any interest?

Yes. For me at least, it is why I am on this list to begin with.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de