[OpenBIOS] Aladdin V chipset

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Feb 29 11:42:23 CET 2000

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Burl Nyswonger wrote:
>   bios/arch/$__ARCH__/include/	-- includes: *.h, *.s, *.inc, ...
>   bios/arch/$__ARCH__/tools/	-- arch-dependent tools/scripts/etc...
>   bios/arch/$__ARCH__/boot/	-- minimal boot-up code to get processor
> 				   to have a stack and full linear memory.

cool

> > poweron.s is the very first set of things you do on poweron -- should be a
> > few instructions. protected_mode.s bumps you into protected mode. On the
> > pentium this is a few instructions. memory.s turns on memory -- this is
> > *much* easier on the pentium in protected mode. memory.s should set up a
> > stack and jump to C code. Motherboard.c does anything that has to be done
> > to further use the motherboard. Boot.c gunzips the payload (either a

> All of this stuff should perhaps live under the boot/ directory.

I think .s all go in boot. Should .c? the .c for certain alpha and pentium
motherboards is almost the same code, and the gunzip.c is identical code
save for where you gunzip to.

Anyway we're on the same line of thought, I am not picky. OpenBIOS
configuration folks, is this set of changes acceptable to you?

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de