[OpenBIOS] sorry to ask this again

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at mandrakesoft.com
Tue Apr 4 16:41:30 CEST 2000

Massimo Dentico wrote:

> "Ronald G. Minnich" wrote:
> >
> > If someone has the *code* example for calling the vga init on a vga card I
> > could use it.
>
> Sorry for the delay. No distractions this time, only assembly code
> for swithing video modes. ;-) This work, at least for me. Obviously,
> I'm not writing BIOS usually :o) .. so, I don't know if it lacks
> something for functioning as part of firmware.

Thanks for posting code, unfortunately this code does not call the VGA
BIOS to initialize the video card -- this code directly programs the VGA
registers to switch modes, just like vga16fb in the Linux kernel.

BIOS init must have already executed in order for this code to work.

Regards,

	Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Tact is the ability to tell a man
Building 1024            | he has an open mind when he has a
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de