[OpenBIOS] VESA & DMA

Petazzoni Thomas thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
Fri Apr 7 23:54:13 CEST 2000

> >1. Can we setup a VESA 2 (not VESA 3 !) configuration (select video
> >mode, and everything) without making a int 0x10 ? We're programming a
> >protected mode OS, and switching to VM86 sucks. I know it's possible
> >with VESA 3, but with VESA 2 ?
> >If yes, do you have any docs about it ?
>
> I think it is NOT possible without INT 10.
> Have a look at Ralph Brown's Interrupt list:
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/ralf/pub/WWW/files.html
> and look at INT 10/AX=4F0A.
>
> >Is the int 0x10 VESA code specific to each graphic card ?
>
> No.

i can get the address of the 0x10 code in the IVT in real mode, right. so i get
this code, unassemble it to find the good functions to see how they work ....
and that's how to program VESA without int 0x10.

yours answers are strange !!!!

 --
PETAZZONI Thomas, coordinateur du projet KOS 	thomas.petazzoni at ifrance.com
ICQ : 34937744