[OpenBIOS] BIOS debug codes.

Edward Brotsman Dreger eddy at intc.net
Wed Sep 29 00:28:17 CEST 1999

Nor am I a lawyer... but the worst-case scenario of which I've heard is
for an organization to claim "statutory damages", even if no fee is
charged to the end-users.

Of course, distribution might be considered public performance of a
copyrighted work.

Now, how actual damages can be claimed, I don't know.  Common sense tells
me that information would be free publicity and a plus for the original
source -- e.g., I love the port 80h codes listed in my Epox MVP3G manual!
Thank you Epox! -- not a damage.

Alas, I am trying to be logical.  Did I mention that I'm not a lawyer?

*shrug*

 |_  _| _|     | Edward Brotsman Dreger     \  \   One Source...          |
 |__|_.|_.|_|  | Network & Systems Manager   \  \      ...Total Solutions |
          ._|  | Brian's Consulting Services  \  \                        |
               | INTC Internet Svcs Division  /  /     www.brics.com      |
SPAMbot bait:  abuse at localhost  postmaster at localhost  blacklist at brics.com

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de