[OpenBIOS] OpenBIOS status

Kevin P. Lawton bochs at world.std.com
Tue May 18 02:34:59 CEST 1999

Hey OpenBIOS team,

Can you folks me a quick snapshot of how things
are working out with OpenBIOS?

You probably have at least heard of my project "bochs".
A long time ago someone from the OpenBIOS project contacted
me, and wanted to know if they could use my BIOS
as a starting point or reference for OpenBIOS.

Anyhow, I've started another project, more or less an
open source clone of the commercial program "VMWare".
You can check it out at:

  http://www.freemware.org

We're going to be needing an open source BIOS for
that project.  I have no problem with using the BIOS
from bochs as a starting point, but I thought I'd
contact you folks and see if it makes sense to sync
up with your efforts.

Freemware has potential to be a *really* big Linux
project, and thus receive a ton of support.  So this
may very well help out your project.

Thanks,
-Kevin Lawton
http://www.bochs.com
-
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
with "unsubscribe openbios" in the body of the message