List of popular chipsets

James Oakley jfunk at roadrunner.nf.net
Mon Mar 15 04:49:11 CET 1999

Stephan Mueller wrote:

> I wish everybody to quote back, so we can make a list of the most popular
> chipsets used in our development-environment.
> We can try to build interfaces for the most popular boards first.
>
> Here are my Boards:
>
>   FIC VA503+            Via Apollo MVP3
>   FIC PT2200            Intel 430HX
>   FIC PT2006            Intel 430VX
>   FIC VB601                     Intel 440BX
>   Noname                        Intel 430FX

Soyo SY-5EMA+		Via Apollo MVP3 AGP	(Relabelled by ETEQ)
DFI 586ITBD REV A1	Intel 430TX
Mycomp AI5VG+ 2.00	Via Apollo MVP3 AGP	(Flash is PLCC package)

I'm not going to bother with the Eurone 486 board (UMC chipset) unless
it is requested. I'm giving that one away anyway so it would be hard for
me to test it.

We should probably archive the mailing list somewhere as well as
organise a lot of this information, this would probably go into a
"chipset support status" file.

Who wants to maintain what? I can maintain a few things. We should also
have an "activity" file with who is doing what.

James Oakley
jfunk at roadrunner.nf.net