[OpenBIOS] Architecture

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl
Mon Jul 5 21:15:29 CEST 1999

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Tim Small wrote:

> Which looks quite good, but isn't exactly cheap!  I downloaded the PPro reference
> manuals as PDFs from Intel, and although they seem pretty well written, they're
> only really useful as a technical reference.

 In fact you should find out almost everything about ia32 by studying
Intel's "Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manual" vol. 1 through 3.
The remaining information is scattered across various documents and hard
to find even though many of them are available from Intel on-line.

 Beware, also, some statements in Intel docs are incorrect.  It's still
unknown whether these errors are intentional or not (see
http://www.x86.org/ and http://www.sandpile.org/ for a discussion) but
you'd better verify everything with a real chip (I don't mean "reserved"
areas here;  these are to be documented features).

+        e-mail: macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl, PGP key available        +

-
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
with "unsubscribe openbios" in the body of the message