Philosophical question...

alex dinovitser adinov at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 4 08:02:17 CET 1999

Hi,
I have been following this dicussion for a while,
I think the capability to boot of a network (USB, etc) is definitely a
good one, but as long as it is an optional module that the BIOS can
work without. I'm all in favour of the "microkernel" approach (ala
QNX.com )so that a modular approach based on a minimal base is possible.
I think that both pro and con arguments are valid, and the forward
from here is starting with some list of prorities, like starting with
the pre-boot algorithm that reads the state of the Reset Switch to
invoke boot, and optimising this algorithm to account for things like
metastability in digital circuits.
I feel we have a lot to do if this project is to progress.

==