Clarification....

Karl Erik Asbjornsen karlea at samfundet.no
Wed Feb 10 00:33:57 CET 1999

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Niklas Ekström wrote:

> I see two clear fractions here. One that, like me, wishes to create a
> full, complete BIOS with all the functions that goes with it (keyboard,
> video, storage etc). And one that supports the minimalistic approach with
> just a bootloader in the Flash ROM. How should we deal with this? Should
> we make two seperate versions of OpenBIOS? Or should we join our efforts
> in making one, very flexible and configurable BIOS? Any other ideas?
I think we should make it flexible and support both. If you just want the
B and the S, you say so when you configure/compile it (maybe a selection
that hides all other options when selected). If you want more, you say so.
I think this should be possible. People that want the minimalistic thing
work on that part, and people who wants more features, like I and O can
work on those features. Together we make the fantastic thing called
OpenBIOS! :)

Karl Erik

Karl Erik Asbjornsen                   Tlf: 73837153 / 90738663
Utleirvn 11                                 karlea at samfundet.no
7033 Trondheim, Norway           http://www.samfundet.no/karlea