Clarification....

Dave DGMDGM at iname.com
Wed Feb 10 09:56:49 CET 1999

At 11:52 PM 2/9/99 +0100, you wrote:
  >I see two clear fractions here.

I do not see the two as being mutually exclusive. If we take a modularized
approach, keeping in mind that the long term goal may be to create a
complete BIOS, then building a boot-prom is still a reasonable first goal.

One still has to test/init the hardware and boot the system, wether or not
you plan on providing API's by loading them from PROM to shadow, loading
them from disk to shadow or assuming that API's are not needed because the
OS has its own drivers (i.e. Linux and NT).

Dave