what we need

Karl Oehling koehling at dctsi.com
Fri Feb 26 17:00:05 CET 1999

>>> But every
>>> time I come up with some suggestion, atleast a couple of
people will
>>> point of how wrong I am, and the result is that we stand still. I
find
>>> this very frustration, since I feel that we should act now so we
can
>>> have working BIOS in half a year or so. No one will be happy
by us
>>> sitting here arguing without reaching anywhere.

>Hello,
> Umm, I personally don't really know much about what's involved
> in writing a BIOS, so I can't really contribute on the initial
> design and requirements generation ( I am opionless ). However,
> if someone would like to point me in a direction, I would love
> to start writing some code.
>Regards,
>Jim

I've just recently gotten on this mailing list, but it appears we have
a startup problem. The tools necessary to write and test code for
the BIOS seem to be lacking. Or maybe we have the tools but we
don't know how to utilize them properly. Suggestions are great, but
as my grandfather use to say, "don't tell me what you're gunna do,
tell me what you tried so far." Well, I for one can't try something. I
don't know step one. I have tools here, eeprom burners, variable
power supplies, and other neat lab stuff. How do I use this stuff (all
the way back at step one: plug in power supply) so we can "get
some product out the door"? Is there anyone on the mailing list
that can tell us what to do?

Karl Oehling