[OpenBIOS] Intel holding back information

Matthias Wächter matthias at waechter.wol.at
Mon Aug 9 10:40:51 CEST 1999

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, James Oakley wrote:

> http://www.patents.ibm.com/details?pn=US05732268__
>
> That does *not* look good.

Haven't seen the link, but I think we should consider the following: Many
companies pay their taxes in countries with low taxes, even if the work
was done in high-tax countries. Similarily, many companies try to develop
codes etc. in countries where copyright, trademark and patent law are on
their side.

Why don't we try to get the best of all the laws of the world? Disassemble
code in countries where it is OK, use algorithms in countries where one
cannot patent algorithms etc.

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
Verkauft für 339,88 Dollar!
	- aus: Groundhog Day (Und täglich grüßt das Murmeltier)

To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de