[OpenBIOS] (was) Intel holding back information: Maybe we should move on...

Timothy J. Massey tmassey at iname.com
Mon Aug 9 21:08:32 CEST 1999

On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 19:17:36 -0230, James Oakley wrote:

>Therefore, I agree with Ron. We should build a specification from
>scratch with reference to Linux. Then we get the Linux kernel to support
>us. Then we can add features such as APM, improved user setup,
>comprehensive hardware enumeration, and, of course, loading
>DOS/Win/OS/2.

As much as I hate to say it, this is probably the best way to go.  This will
put the OpenBIOS into a totally PC-BIOS-uncompatible track.  That makes
OpenBIOS just about useless to me personally in the short-term (an OS/2 and
WinNT user), but it assures a path that won't get OpenBIOS in trouble with
the law...

Tim Massey

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de