New Code :-)

Qiwei Xiao qiwei at lucent.com
Sun Nov 22 17:09:40 CET 1998

M Carling wrote:

> > For the EPROM simulator: It will cost about 450,- DEM (~ $290) to build,
>
> That seems optimistic. Anyway, I know someone who owns a ten-person
> company that manufactures such things, primarily for the embedded market.
> He's getting excited about OpenBIOS, and I think he's just about talked
> into donating a few.

Hold your breath, folks, I have the design of a parallel port eprom
simulator: one end plugs into the eprom socket of a MB and the other
end plugs into the parallel of another PC. Uses the PC to read/write
data stored in SRAM (64K to 4M). All components needed are ten 74**
TTL chips costing about US$30. I did the design quite a while ago
on paper but drawing it out using xfig is taking longer than I
thought. Should be ready in a day or two.

Regards,
Qiwei