call for datasheets

daniel.engstrom at riksnett.no daniel.engstrom at riksnett.no
Thu Nov 26 16:57:14 CET 1998

On 26 Nov, Ray Jones wrote:

> Check http://www.winbond.com.tw/ (taiwan)
Done that, been there...

> I see various permutations of the 83C787 digits (e.g 83C877), but I do not
> see that part.
> Are you sure that your part is 83C787?
Not entirely, but I don't feel like taking the machine apart right now
to check again, maybe later tonight. Naturally I checked the Winbond web
site before bothering you.

> You can download Winbond datasheets from that web site..
> Is C787 an old ('486 days) part?
Not really, it goes on my Triton I motherboard which is 3-4 years old,
maybe?

> My recommendation is to focus on recent chipsets first because data is more
> easily available and the results are most useful.

Well we can all focus on what we want. My self I focus on what sits
boards that I can spare for this kind of development. I plan on
retiring my 430TX box later this year or in the beginning of the next.

[If any one wants to see this happen earlier I take donations of a P-II
motherboard and CPU/memory to go with that.:-) ]

/Daniel