Code release 0.0.2pre1

Stefan Reinauer stepan at wesley.informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Nov 27 01:05:26 CET 1998

Hi...

I've put out some new code again, today and it's based on Daniel's work.
This is not a final 0.0.2 release as there's a lot of work to do left.
I am sorry to say that I am away (working) until sunday evening, so I won't be
able to release anything new until the mid of next week.

I've put John's work from OpenBIOS.org to the web directory as well as some
other stuff..

look at it, comment on it, hack it!!!

I expect to have at least a thousand openbios mails in my mbox when I return on
Sunday evening ;-))

Philipp Rumpf <prumpf at jcsbs.lanobis.de> has looked at the linux kernel startup
and the lilo code and determined which software interrupts are needed to boot
up a system at the moment....

It's the following

1000    o       SET VIDEO MODE
100E    o       TELETYPE OUTPUT
100F    o       GET CURRENT VIDEO MODE
1014    o       LOAD FONT
11      ?       GET EQUIPMENT LIST
12      ?       GET MEMORY SIZE
13??    !       DISK ACCESS
140000  !       INITIALIZE SERIAL PORT
1587            COPY EXTENDED MEMORY
1588            GET EXTENDED MEMORY SIZE
15C0            GET CONFIGURATION
15E801          GET MEMORY SIZE > 64M
1600    !       GET KEYSTROKE
1601    !       CHECK FOR KEYSTROKE
1602    !       GET SHIFT FLAGS

with the following meaning
o       obsolete (not really needed)
?       don't know
        don't know, too.
!       IMPORTANT.

Thanks, Philipp.. I will try to join work again on Sunday evening or on Monday

Happy hacking guys....

BTW, I'd like to set out a prize on the best OpenBIOS logo... Any ideas what
would be sufficient for this? Maybe we could even find a little company as
sponsor for this.. ? :-)

Best wishes,
    Stefan (tired now)

- --
Reincarnation: Life sucks, then you die. Then life sucks again.