[OpenBIOS] Introduction

Stephen Williams steve at icarus.icarus.com
Wed Mar 4 13:05:10 CET 1998

dcinege at fuckthejunkmailers.org said:
> I'm still not convinced what WinNT actually is. I know for sure that
> it uses DOS to boot. (Via my tireless hacking at it to get it to fully
> reside on and boot from a logical partition, of which I was successful
> except for 2 files.) It needs DOS to get to NTLDR at the least.

Yes, but that is the last of it.

NT is like Linux in that it is a real operating system, and not the
Win95 fake. Its access to the hardware is through the HAL, and various
device drivers. DOS programs are executed by running them in a DOS VM
in an NT process.

steve at icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
steve at picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,

---