[OpenBIOS] Hello World

Chris Arguin cpa at hopper.unh.edu
Wed Mar 11 12:49:22 CET 1998

Since everybody is wondering if the list is alive, I'll post something
I've been thinking about...

What would it take just to write a Hello World program? I think seeing
this code would give people something of a starting place. Do we just load
the Video BIOS up and use it to write a string to the screen and halt, or
can/should we do it without the Video BIOS?

>From there you can add support to initialize your chipsets functions.

BTW, do we have anybody here with a SMP machine? Those do require more to
initialize, and we will eventually want to make sure that works.

--
Chris Arguin                 | "...All we had were Zeros and Ones -- And
Chris.Arguin at unh.edu         |  sometimes we didn't even have Ones."

---
OpenBIOS -- http://www.linkscape.net/openbios/
openbios-request at linkscape.net   Body: un/subscribe