[OpenBIOS] Hello World

David Woodhouse Dave at imladris.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 11 18:49:16 CET 1998

oxymoron at waste.org said:
>  It would be nearly as easy to generate output on the serial port
> using polled IO. Presumably all the developers have at least a serial
> port and a second machine that they're not ready to kill their BIOS
> on. I've recently written a small library of assembly functions to do
> this, include register and memory dump routines and a printf-like
> varargs function for debugging  the bootloader of an embedded
> operating system I'm writing. The routines are currently written for
> MASM - if anyone would like them, I can make them available.

Sounds good. Could you mail them to me, and I'll put them up for FTP with the
rest of the stuff.

Support for reblowing the flash from a serial port, rather than from a floppy,
is going to be a damn sight easier to put together, so I suggest that we do
that in the first instance, too.

David Woodhouse, Robinson College, CB3 9AN, England.   (+44) 0976 658355
    Dave at imladris.demon.co.uk        http://dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk
	    finger pgp at dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk for PGP key.

---
OpenBIOS -- http://www.linkscape.net/openbios/