status of openbios

Stephen Williams steve at icarus.icarus.com
Wed Jun 24 09:37:07 CEST 1998

geier at psi5.com said:
> Well, my idea would be to customize a linux kernel so that it could
> provide BIOS functionality, i.e. remove the code that tries to gather
> info from the existing BIOS

If someone can provide some gas compatible 16bit x86 assembler that
gets the processor into 32bit mode, I have code that understands PCI
bus scanning and mapping. It's for an i960Rx base board, but can be
adapted.

If someone else adds some drivers for keyboard and display, and I can
contribute a multi-threaded run-time, complete with compiler and a TCL
interpreter.
steve at icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
steve at picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,