[OpenBIOS] Re: A Plan. (was Re: Some Questions and ideas for gnu-bios)

Pavel Machek pavel at elf.ucw.cz
Tue Feb 17 10:29:15 CET 1998

Hi!

> > 	I think we can assume pentiums at the least since only the pent
> > m/b's and above really have flashable bois's. So why not go for a pent
> > optimised compiler and maybe have someone check the asm producded <evil
> > grin>
>
> personally, i think the gnu-bios should be done in 100% assembly,
> for

I do not think so. Well, it would be cleaner to write in assembly, but
you do not want to write neither bios setup nor grub in anything else
than C. And if you stick with gcc 2.7.2, compilers are ok.

								Pavel

--
I'm really pavel at atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz. 	   Pavel
Look at http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/ ;-).