[OpenBIOS] BIOS call guides?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at wesley.informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Feb 17 21:49:17 CET 1998

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > If I'm gonna start to think about coding, I have to know what to
> > code :)
>
> Do you want to write it in assembly or in C? How are you going to deal
> with 32 bit code?

I'd suggest that the bios switches to protected mode in a very early
state. This would allow to develop most of the code (except the setup
code) in C, which is sure what we want (At least I think so)

Before we start coding, we should start making plans about what we want
to do at all. I started that on my draft of a homepage.
When we have collected and discussed enough we can structure the whole
thing and *after that* we should start coding IMHO.

One question could be:
Do we want to support an Award compatible bios which has 16bit calls
or do we want to save up the space to implement newer features?

Best regards,
  Stefan

--
.signature: no such file or directory.