[OpenBIOS] Licensing of the code.

Dave Cinege dcinege at fuckthejunkmailers.org
Tue Feb 17 16:34:59 CET 1998

Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > OpenBIOS would mean something else. OpenBIOS would mean that we
> > publish our specs, not that we are free. Look at sparc OpenProm.
> >
> > BAD idea.
>
> I don't really see that. Look at OpenScape. That project was founded to
> promote development of the free netscape source.

Yes. Another reason I made the change is GNU is almost like a dirty word in
the corporate world. I think all of our greatest dream is that this si
successful
and motherboard makers start to directly use it.

This brings up another problem that we may as well get into now.
Licensing. Early on we need to decide where that stands and the effects that
it
has for pontencial commercial outcome.

I don't think BSD is good for this, and a straight GPL wouldn't really be
the right thing either.

---
OpenBIOS -- http://www.linkscape.net/openbios/
openbios-request at linkscape.net   Body: un/subscribe