[OpenBIOS] ASM/C and 16/32 bit questions.

David Woodhouse Dave at imladris.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 21:35:38 CET 1998

We're going to have to provide a standard 16-bit BIOS interface if we want to
support DOS and Windows users. There's not a lot of chance of making the BIOS
go straight into 32-bit mode and stay there.

We can still use C in 16-bit mode - take a look at the elks development utils,
which are quite suitable for this task.

I think we want to write most of it in C, with some critical sections in ASM -
after http://dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk/devload/ I really don't want to think
about large projects written solely in assembly.

David Woodhouse, Robinson College, CB3 9AN, England.   (+44) 0976 658355
    Dave at imladris.demon.co.uk        http://dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk
	    finger pgp at dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk for PGP key.

---
OpenBIOS -- http://www.linkscape.net/openbios/