[flashrom] [coreboot] flashrom and 256 MiB S256FL256S

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sun Sep 30 01:36:11 CEST 2018

On 9/29/18 6:35 PM, Nico Huber wrote:
> On 9/28/18 11:20 PM, ron minnich wrote:
>> I spoke too soon. It just flat out does not work to have sf100 and 256Mbit
>> part AFAICT
>
> Ah, crap. I just gave this another thought and now I'm convinced that it
> can't work with the current code. dediprog_spi uses its own functions
> for read/write that likely don't call into the common, 4BA aware code.
>
> I'll try to provide a patch later tonight...

Ok, it compiles ;) In case anything works with this [1], it adds about
6 different paths depending on protocol versions and what the chip sup-
ports; would be nice to have most of them tested. For instance testing
the S25FL256S patches one by one as they add different ways how to
handle the higher addresses. Also, in case you can downgrade Dediprog
firmwares, a test with something <5.5.0 would be good as well.

Nico

[1] https://review.coreboot.org/28804