[flashrom] Fwd: Intel QS77 chipet on MBA 2012

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Fri Oct 26 09:40:26 CEST 2018

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 17:22:48 +0200
Nico Huber <nico.h at gmx.de> wrote:

> Sorry, it seems this one got lost in moderation, forwarding...

JFYI I got both this one and what appears to be the original message.

[...]
> Writes have been disabled for safety reasons. You can enforce write
> support with the ich_spi_force programmer option, but you will most likely
> harm your hardware! If you force flashrom you will get no support if
> something breaks. On a few mainboards it is possible to enable write
> access by setting a jumper (see its documentation or the board itself).

This message from flashrom suggest to use the ich_spi_force option, and
the man page states that it can be used by adding this to the command
line:

  -p internal:ich_spi_force=yes

Flashrom also says:

> Unhandled programmer parameters: pci=8086:1e56.0

I guess the "internal" programmer auto-discovers the PCI device, so
maybe that part can be removed from the -p option.

Your command line becomes:

  # flashrom -p internal:ich_spi_force=yes -c "MX25L6406E/MX25L6408E" -V -w /home/m00n/nueva.rom

Note that flashrom also says that it takes no responsibility for any
damage; so, before proceeding, I'd check if flashing externally is
possible/easy, just in case something goes wrong with "-p internal".

Ciao,
   Antonio

--
Antonio Ospite