[flashrom] IS25LQ080 unlisted chip

Olev hannula at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:09:30 CEST 2018

I include only important lines (no point pasting probes for
everything). I could read the device no problems, did not try
programming.

Calibrating delay loop... OS timer resolution is 999 usecs, 1860M
loops per second, 10 myus = 0 us, 100 myus = 0 us, 1000 myus = 999 us,
10000 myus = 9998 us, 3996 myus = 4000 us, OK.
Initializing ch341a_spi programmer
Device revision is 3.0.4
The following protocols are supported: SPI.

Probing for Unknown SFDP-capable chip, 0 kB: SFDP revision = 1.5
SFDP number of parameter headers is 2 (NPH = 1).

SFDP parameter table header 0/1:
  ID 0x00, version 1.5
  Length 36 B, Parameter Table Pointer 0x000030
Parsing JEDEC flash parameter table...
  3-Byte only addressing.
  Status register is non-volatile and the standard does not allow
vendors to tell us whether EWSR/WREN is needed for status register
writes - assuming EWSR.
  Write chunk size is at least 64 B.
  Flash chip size is 1024 kB.
  Block eraser 0: 256 x 4096 B with opcode 0x20
  Tried to add a duplicate block eraser: 256 x 4096 B with opcode 0x20.
  Block eraser 1: 32 x 32768 B with opcode 0x52
  Block eraser 2: 16 x 65536 B with opcode 0xd8
done.

SFDP parameter table header 1/1:
  ID 0x9d, version 1.5
  Length 12 B, Parameter Table Pointer 0x000080
===
SFDP has autodetected a flash chip which is not natively supported by
flashrom yet.
All standard operations (read, verify, erase and write) should work,
but to support all possible features we need to add them manually.
You can help us by mailing us the output of the following command to
flashrom at flashrom.org:
'flashrom -VV [plus the -p/--programmer parameter]'
Thanks for your help!
===
Found Unknown flash chip "SFDP-capable chip" (1024 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi.