[flashrom] Please help adding support for flashing Nvidia GF116 cards - for rescuing the world electrical waste

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Tue Oct 23 18:23:34 CEST 2018

Hi hsjfd,

you asked in the subject for help adding support? How can we help you?

If you just wanted to ask if somebody else is willing to do the work,
you might have more luck asking Nouveau developers. They probably know
the hardware best. Or, fund it...

On 10/23/18 3:11 PM, hsjfd dfjdfgrescuing the world electrical waste wrote:
> You can get those GPUs for free thanks to ebay and paypal. You have to write to
> the chinase scammer over ebay and requrest a refund. They would refuse. Then
> enable PayPal and DONT tell at any point about "fake". Just tell them that the
> gpu should for example support vulkan api but it does not and crash when you try
> to use vulkan. Then you get whole money back again (because card is "broken" or
> name it like you want).
>
> Why missing flashrom support is so important: The gpus cant be used in any
> propper way until a working bios is been flashed.
> Info: 128Bit in naming mean GTS450. 192bit in naming means 550TI.
>
> Here some links to those fake gpus: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323491959810
> GTS450: https://www.ebay.com/itm/153159438208
> 550TI: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253516107926
>

> Then all cheap-people can start buyng those, refunding those and using flashrom
> to get a free GTS450/550TI card and thus ruin the profit making chinese scammers.

Can you provide any evidence that the above mentioned refunding works
100%? Any clue that you are not working for these scammers (even by
accident, if it worked for you only by chance)?

Nico