[flashrom] Return to stock chrome book

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Fri Oct 19 10:18:29 CEST 2018

Hello Edgar,

On 10/19/18 7:34 AM, Edgar Correa wrote:
> I get an error message when I try to reflash the stock chrome bios onto the
> chip and it also says at the beginning that:
> Block protection could not be disabled!

Chromebooks are supposed to have a write protection screw or switch. Are
you sure it's disabled?

> Please help me!!!! I am completely lost and need my computer back!!!

Please provide more information. Which version of flashrom do you use?
There is also a fork of flashrom for Chromebooks, have you tried that?
And please provide a full log (add `-o logfile.txt` to your flashrom
command and attach that file). And in case you are following some guide
or manual, please point us to it.

Nico