[flashrom] FLASHROM fails on my AM1 Kabinis with

Branko Badrljica brankob at s5tehnika.net
Fri Oct 5 14:55:32 CEST 2018

I'm in dire need te reflash a couple of BIOS chips.

Unfotunately, all my boards which I used to use for this purpose are
rebellign against me.

I have a couple of Kabinis ( Athlon 5370) on cheap AM1 boards and have
noticed that "flashrom -p internal" fails on each one with

"Found chipset AMD FCH"

"Enabling flash write... ERROR: State of SpiAccesMacRomEn or
SpiHostAccessRomEn prohibits full access"

At first, I thot that I might have miscompiled something in the kernel
or that flashrom doesn't jive with my Hardened Gentoo or something like
that. So I used Kali Linux and burned it toUSB stick ( it has flasrom
packaged).

With the exactly the same end result.

I've tried git version and versions 0.98 and 0.99. Older one ( 0.96 ?)
compained that it doesn't know Kabini's chipset...

THis HW used to work with flashrom. What changed ?