[flashrom] Update bios (not full flash) with flashrom

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 16:10:56 CEST 2018

It could be that a manufacturer has released the same motherboards
with two various sizes of a BIOS chip. You could try padding your 256
KB image with FF's to increase its' size up to 512 KB and then flash
to the chip, after making a full backup ofcourse. Also you could look
through your existing backup, to see how much of your 512 KB image is
really occupied with anything thats not FF's, especially at the end.
Could use some simple hex editor like Okteta to quickly check this