[flashrom] Update bios (not full flash) with flashrom

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Tue May 29 19:19:12 CEST 2018

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 11:44 AM, Skoll RC <amisbievre at hotmail.fr> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to update my GA-8I915P-MF's bios with flashrom but Gigabyte
> only provide updates and no full bios so when I try to update with
> flashrom -p internal -w 8i9pmf.f2 I have an error message: Error: Image size
> (262144 B) doesn't match the flash chip's size (524288 B)!
> How can I fix it?

That's unfortunate. Do you have an external programmer (something like
a buspirate) that can be used in case things go wrong? Can you tell if
there is anything written to the lower half of the chip? It could be
as simple as concatenating the 256KB image to itself to create a 512KB
image. But I wouldn't recommend trying that unless you have a good
means of recovering.