[flashrom] ITE 8518 flashing through keyboard port

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 11:32:48 CEST 2018

> Directly flashing the SPI chip maybe be dangerous since the EC can interfere unless the SPI chip is desoldered.

EC will not interfere if the board will be powered off, and you could
directly flash a SPI chip without desoldering by attaching a test clip
to it (which is connected to a flashrom-supported programmer like a
cheap CH341A). Examples of the instruction:
https://www.flashrom.org/ISP ,
http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Flashing_a_BIOS_chip_with_Bus_Pirate
(for CH341A its the same, just a connection scheme and flashrom
commands are a little bit different)