[flashrom] Can't Flash on AOpen i965GMt-LA motherboard

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Tue Mar 20 14:27:54 CET 2018

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 12:22:02PM +0100, Björn Tantau wrote:

> Am 19. März 2018 18:21:36 MEZ schrieb Luc Verhaegen <libv at skynet.be>:

> >> Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no): Probing for
> >Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
> >> Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               Yes
> >> Found `Winbond W83627DHG Super IO Sensors'                  Success!
> >>     (address 0x290, driver `w83627ehf')
> >
> >Hrm. Perpendicular to what the bios that i got from AOpen tells me.
> >
> >Please mail a copy of your existing rom to me personally (exclude the
> >flashrom ml, binary blobs should not go there).
>
> Here you go. Thanks for your help!

Ok, this shows how rusty i am with respect to flashrom. Not recognizing
the + 0x0C as the typical offset for intel gpio line toggle.

What this board needs is a call to intel_ich_gpio20_raise();

Will provide a patch later today.

I am a bit worried though that the lpc io BAR is empty in your lspci. I
am not sure whether that is handled in any way, and i do not think the
intel gpio code in flashrom will deal with an empty bar gracefully.

Luc Verhaegen.