[flashrom] FAILED: grunt

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 18:15:19 CEST 2018

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 5:05 AM, Charles Marslett
<charles.marslett at silverbackltd.com> wrote:
> Well, never mind, I rebooted the target and the host systems, did a "repo
> sync" of my chromeos setup, did a full firmware rebuild (described in the
> care and feeding doc) then did a flash of the coreboot firmware, followed by
> a flash of the ec firmware and the target system automatically booted
> successfully after the ec firmware flash.
>
> Perhaps it could have been an issue with unsynchronized ec and coreboot
> firmware?

Possibly. I am guessing that the EC was unable to jump to the other
copy for some reason (this isn't in the output you posted, just a
guess), and the EC locks down its active copy which would explain why
attempting to flash it failed. You should also check the EC serial
console whenever you see EC firmware upgrade failures.