[flashrom] Flashing MX 25L12873F on MSI board via Raspberry Pi SPI

Fabian Köster mail at fabian-koester.com
Thu Jan 25 08:44:50 CET 2018

Hi again,

I now finally found the time to try reading/writing the chip. I re-used
the MACRONIX_MX25L12805D configuration because it seemed quite similar
to me.

Reading the chip passes without any error.

When trying to write the chip, it apparently fails to erase it, see
attached log. Looking at the datasheet for my chip, I would say the
first erase function (opcode 0x20) with 4096 4K blocks should work.

I tried with different spispeeds without any difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Fabian