[flashrom] Can you help me?

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Fri Jan 5 20:42:48 CET 2018

Hi,

On 01.01.2018 22:42, Kārlis Magone wrote:
> Uh oh. Erase/write failed. Checking if anything has changed.
> Reading current flash chip contents... done.
> Good, writing to the flash chip apparently didn't do anything.
> This means we have to add special support for your board, programmer or flash
> chip. Please report this on IRC at chat.freenode.net (channel #flashrom) or
> mail flashrom at flashrom.org, thanks!
> You may now reboot or simply leave the machine running.
> ipj-System-Product-Name ~ #
>

> The reason, why i am traying to update BIOS is that Linux before
> installing said that i have pnpBios Fault. So i also cant to install
> other OSes like Windows. So I have a problem.

you should first try to find and use flashing tools provided by your
mainboard vendor.

The error you've seen from flashrom is most common when there is some
kind of write protection implemented on your board (sometimes it's a
physical jumper or switch, sometimes it's controlled by a GPIO of the
southbridge or super-i/o chip). If you can't use your board vendor's
tools, please tell what board you have exactly and send a full log
taken with: flashrom -p internal -o logfile.txt

Nico