[flashrom] Dos Build of flashrom 1.0 unsuccessful

Rahngue NGARIERA youetonam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 16:44:32 CET 2018

I'm trying to build flashrom 1.0 for Dos on Ubuntu. But I'm still failing.
At first, I was having problems at the Checking for libpci/libz step.
Despite all the changes I made to the makefile, I always ended up with Not
sufficient. Then I commented that part out. Because all my library files
(libpci, libz, libgetopt, librt,...) are in the lib/ folder of my LIBS_BASE
(../libpci) which has the same parent folder as flashrom directory. I
followed the instructions of the README. For compiling pciutils, the
instructions say to apply the pciutils.gz.patch I don't know if I got that
part right. I just copy-pasted the file inside pciutils.gz.patch into
pciutils/ Then went on to compile pciutils, libz and libgetopt. And I
copied all the necessary header and library files into libpci/. After
commenting out the part that checks libpci, I then had to comment out the
real time clock test portion of makefile as well, because it was always
returning Not found. Compilation now proceeded but ended with errors, many
undefined references. All having to do with pci. I'm looking forward to ur
advices.
Etonam