[flashrom] Cleanup patches for flashrom

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sun Dec 23 15:39:46 CET 2018

Hi Richard,

On 20.12.18 11:11, Richard Hughes wrote:
> We're slowly moving towards using libflashrom in fwupd, rather than
> exec'ing the flashrom binary and screen scraping. So that it can be
> consumed by users easily, I'm tempted to use flashrom as a subproject
> to the fwupd project rather than waiting for distros to ship any new
> bleeding edge version of flashrom to users. To make some of that
> possible, I've fixed up a few of the CI failures we would see in
> fwupd, which I've filed as a PR here:
> https://github.com/flashrom/flashrom/pull/67

thanks.

> If a GitHub PR isn't how you want these kind of general patches please
> let me know. One person already told me that I needed to use Gerrit,

When we switched to Gerrit, we decided to still allow patches per email
and also on GitHub. Though, all patches have to go through Gerrit in the
end as that's where the official repository is.

I've never been active on GitHub (my account is only few months old).
And the developers that set the flashrom mirror up there obviously had
the best intentions (pull requests are mentioned in the project des-
cription) but aren't actively reviewing atm.

I also can't say anymore that everything on Gerrit gets a review, though
smaller changes do. If you'd use Gerrit, you'd hit the remaining active
reviewers right in their everyday workflow.

> but I'm not overly keen on learning a new process if I can avoid it.
> Feedback welcome, thanks.

I just tried, it was horrible ;) I just can't find a way to comment on
individual commits of your PR (beside commenting inline in the code).

I'll leave some comments their and pull those commits that seem ready
to go.

Nico