[flashrom] MX25L6473F Bios

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Mon Aug 20 10:31:36 CEST 2018

Hello B.,

I guess you might have solved your problem by now, anyway:

On 13.07.2018 15:56, B. Ford wrote:
> I am trying to read a MX25L6473F bios chip, it is in your supported list
> of chips.  However when i read the chip (ch341a programmer) it asks to
> specify the chip type using the -c command, but the MX25L6473F is not in
> the selected ones, and therfore i cannot continue to read..

MX25L6473F was added rather late indeed. Though, it's one of those
chips that share their ID with many others. For flashrom-0.9.9 this
should work:

  -c MX25L6436E/MX25L6445E/MX25L6465E/MX25L6473E

They are all compatible to the 73F as far as flashrom is concerned.

Nico