[flashrom] join IRC

Nico Huber nico.huber at secunet.com
Tue Aug 14 16:12:52 CEST 2018

Hi Владимир,

On 14.08.2018 09:46, Владимир Амельянович wrote:
> I have tried to write saved image finally. And got the following message:
>
> FAILED!
> Uh oh. Erase/write failed. Checking if anything has changed.
> Reading current flash chip contents... Reading 8388608 bytes starting at
> 0x000000.
> done.
> Apparently at least some data has changed.
> Your flash chip is in an unknown state.
> Get help on IRC at chat.freenode.net (channel #flashrom) or
> mail flashrom at flashrom.org with the subject "FAILED: <your board name>"!
> DO NOT REBOOT OR POWEROFF!
> Restoring MMIO space at 0x7fb5896f08a0
> Restoring PCI config space for 00:1f:0 reg 0xdc
>
> -V output attached.
>
> What should i do next?  PC is power on.

Try to verify (flashrom -v) the image you just wrote. I hope it just
succeeded but run into an error afterwards.

>From your log:
>> 0x805000-0x805fff:E
>> Request to erase some inaccessible memory address(es) (addr=0x805000, len=4096). Not erasing anything.

This is already beyond your actual flash chip (0x800000), so it al-
ready wrote the image. I also found the cause for flashrom running off,
your firmware descriptor seems misconfigured which triggered a bug in
flashrom:

>> 0xD0: 0xffffffff (FPB)

This register is supposed to be 0 instead *shrug*. But there's obviously
something to fix in flashrom to handle wrong values more gracefully.

So, hope your board is fine,
Nico