[flashrom] Failed flashing

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Thu Aug 9 21:30:55 CEST 2018

Hello Paweł,

sorry for the late reaction, your message was filtered due to its
excessive size (we have a 256KiB limit).

On 30.06.2018 10:33, Paweł wrote:
> Thanks for answer. Check photo of my setup in attachment. It is workin
> correctly. To check I also pulled W25Q32.V from working Asus P8B WS and was
> able to correctly read bios several times with spispeed 1000,10000,20000.
> Checksum was correct.

Generally you'd want shorter connections. As you use a breadboard, you
shouldn't need all the long wires, only those from the RPi to the bread-
board. That it works with one chip is no proof that the signals are good
enough.

Also, not clearly visible in your picture, it doesn't look like you
connect all input pins of the flash chip. If that is the case: You
should always connect all of them, they need a defined state, no matter
if you use their function (if in doubt, pull them high to VCC).

Hope that helps (or you succeeded already),
Nico