[flashrom] join IRC

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Thu Aug 9 21:11:06 CEST 2018

Hi Владимир,

On 08.08.2018 10:07, Владимир Амельянович wrote:
> flashrom -p internal:laptop=this_is_not_a_laptop  didn't change anything

yes, because your BIOS claims that it's a laptop: `DMI string
chassis-type: "Notebook"`.

> flashrom -p internal:laptop=force_I_want_a_brick show more info. Logs with
> different V number are attached.
> Please could you please tell me if i can use flashrom in my case?

You already did. If you let it probe with the above force option,
it can already harm some laptops. But in your case (SPI chip directly
attached) it's safe. You can go ahead (if you have a valid image to
flash). In either case of success of failure, please always keep
logs (best use the -o option) and report back.

Please note that your message got filtered from the mailing list (there
is a 256KiB limit for the mail size). So I'll attach your least verbose
log for reference.

Regards,
Nico