[flashrom] Compiling from source on Chromebook:GalliumOS - can't get libusb?

Anders Nelson anders.k.nelson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 01:18:58 CET 2017

Hi guys,

I'm trying to compile the latest stable source on my Ubuntu-based GalliumOS
system running on a recent x86_64 Chromebook.

I get the error:

ichspi.o: In function `ich_init_spi':
ichspi.c:(.text+0x26b2): undefined reference to
`read_ich_descriptors_via_fdo'

I've installed all the packages noted in the README even though I'm only
interested in supporting the FTDI 2232H chip on the breakout board sold by
SeeedStudio.

Any suggestions I can try to get this built? I'm relatively new to Linux so
I apologize in advance for any gaps in knowledge.

=]
--
Anders Nelson

+1 (517) 775-6129