[flashrom] Error Flashing X200 MX25L6405D

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Wed Oct 18 19:15:05 CEST 2017

Hello Benedikt,

On 17.10.2017 22:18, Benedikt Broich via flashrom wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to flash the MX25L6405D in my Lenovo X200, but i get the
> following Error:
> Do you have any Idea what i am doing wrong?

Flashing this chip in an X200 is rather finicky. You either need a
very good programmer and connection or a patch for flashrom (e.g.
https://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=3042) that doesn't solve but
reduces the problem. Though, I have no idea if the libreboot? flashrom
you are using already has that patch.

If it doesn't work with the patch applied, it's likely a connection
(e.g. wire length) problem.

> [snip]
> Verifying flash... FAILED at 0x000e9000! Expected=0xac, Found=0x4f, failed
> byte count from 0x00000000-0x007fffff: 0x1f1a

It looks like you already succeeded in flashing most of the chip. Iff
the "failed byte count" decreases with every try. You can probably
just try again and again until it's finished.

Hope that helps,
Nico