[flashrom] Future flashrom development

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Fri Oct 13 17:42:11 CEST 2017

On 13.10.2017 02:40, Nico Huber wrote:
> So I propose the following: Forget the two branches model, start
> a `master` branch with either the current state of `staging` or
> my proposed move to `stable` [3] and release flashrom-1.0 right
> away.

What I didn't realize last night: the `staging` branch contains
valuable information in lots of fixup! commits that would be lost
if we don't keep `staging`. They look ugly in the log but their
messages still contain some reasoning about the changes. I prefer
to use the current `staging` branch as `master` therefore.

The code state would be the same anyway. And I'm convinced that
`staging` is in better shape than flashrom-0.9.9.

Nico