[flashrom] Compiling from source on Chromebook:GalliumOS - can't get libusb?

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Wed Nov 8 11:03:53 CET 2017

Hi Anders,

On 07.11.2017 23:44, Anders Nelson wrote:
> root at chrx:/home/chrx/Github/flashrom# make clean

Doing such things as root is very discouraged.

> Replacing all version templates with v0.9.9-86-ge1a960e.
> rm -f flashrom flashrom.exe libflashrom.a *.o *.d flashrom.8
> flashrom.8.html build_details.txt
> make[1]: Entering directory
> '/home/chrx/Github/flashrom/util/ich_descriptors_tool'
> rm -f ich_descriptors_tool ich_descriptors_tool.exe
> rm -rf .dep .obj
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> '/home/chrx/Github/flashrom/util/ich_descriptors_tool'
>
> ===
>
> [...build completes without error...]

Well, like Stefan said, this is the part that could have told me
that libftdi is already installed.

> ===
> root at chrx:/home/chrx/Github/flashrom# flashrom -p ft2232_spi
> flashrom v0.9.9-rc1-r1942 on Linux 4.9.4-galliumos-braswell (x86_64)
> flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org
>
> Error: Unknown programmer "ft2232_spi". Valid choices are:
> internal, dummy, nic3com, nicrealtek, gfxnvidia, drkaiser, satasii, atavia,
> it8212, serprog, buspirate_spi, dediprog, rayer_spi, pony_spi, nicintel,
> nicintel_spi, nicintel_eeprom, ogp_spi, satamv, linux_spi, pickit2_spi,
> ch341a_spi.
> Please run "flashrom --help" for usage info.

I could have seen this earlier... you are not calling your self-built
flashrom at all. You call the one pre-installed by GalliumOS. If you
want to run a binary that is not in a directory in your $PATH envi-
ronment variable, you have to prefix it with a path, e.g. `./flashrom
-p ft2232_spi` if you want to run the flashrom in the current directory.

Nico