[flashrom] Programatically check/reduce the programming voltage

Miklos Marton martonmiklosqdev at gmail.com
Thu May 25 22:44:38 CEST 2017

Hello all,

I have successfully managed to fry one W25Q64FW (1.8V only) SPI flash by
using the default 3.3V programing voltage.

The flash chip had been detected successfully from the 3.3V supply
voltage, but I needed to run several failed programming attempts before
I have started to look into the datasheet.
To prevent such an accidents I would like to implement a check after the
device detection to automatically reduce the programming voltage if
needed. I know that only one programmer (dediprog) uses this at the
moment, but I have been working for a while on adding support for an
another one which would support this.

If you have any objections/recommendations please let me know!

--
Best regards,
Miklos Marton