[flashrom] Flash Access on Shuttle XH170V failed

Nico Huber nico.huber at secunet.com
Thu Mar 23 17:39:53 CET 2017

Hi Michael,

On 22.03.2017 16:43, Nico Huber wrote:
> On 22.03.2017 16:13, Michael Fuckner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just tried it- this Board uses a Winbond 25Q64FV (64Mbit) and after
>> reading there is an 8MB file, but it is empty. Anything else I should try?
>
> Same here, thanks for the log though :) Your flash controller seems
> pretty unlocked. That feeds my suspicion that it's not the controller's
> state that is causing trouble. I guess, I have to go back to the data-
> sheet.

found some nits and one serious bit ==> it might work now :)

Here's my latest work:

git fetch https://review.coreboot.org/flashrom refs/changes/59/18959/1
&& git checkout FETCH_HEAD

One warning though: My platform is currently write protected so I
couldn't test erase/write yet. It might work, but it might also destroy
your flash contents.

Nico